The “Mason” in the Middle Ages, was an important stopping place in the journey to the Holy Land. This “mansio” situated along the Roman road “Postumia”, in the XII century changed its name to “Mason del Tempio” (Abode of the Temple) because inside its premises the Knights Templar had come to settle. The oldest evidence of the presence of the Templars in the Mason is in a document from the year 1189, which mentions a “hospital de Templo inter Gambellariam et Montebellum” (Temple Hospital between Gambellara and Montebello).
The Order of Knights Templar was persecuted by king Philip the Fair of France, and was suppressed by Pope Clement V of Avignon in 1312.
In 1319 the Order of Knights of the Hospital of Saint John of Jerusalem (or the Knights Hospitallers, that later became the Knights of Malta) is known to have taken over the Mason.
For this reason, the Maltese cross is found on ancient documents and maps of the area, and we choose to use it in our logo.