When: from April the 15th to the 24th, 2017
Where: Selva di Montebello
Distance from Residence La Mason: 4 km, 5 minutes.
48th „Festa del Vino“ (Wine Festival), in Selva di Montebello
An event that takes place since 1971 in Selva di Montebello, on the Easter Monday, and that includes a competition between the wines of Gambellara, cultural events, recreational opportunities and attractions of various kinds.
The first edition of the „Wine Festival“ was organized on Easter Monday of 1970 by the „Comitato organizzatore festa del vino D.O.C. di Selva“ (Selva’s wine festival organizing committee), and has been based in the Selva hamlet, part of the town of Montebello Vicentino, where it still takes place.
The operators of the wine industry of the area, based on their experience with the issues related to growing grapes, were aware that the wine produced in this area was certainly of excellent quality, but poorly known and understood. So in 1970 they proposed to organize a demonstration, once called „Gambellara D.O.C. Wine Festival“ (the Gambellara, the Recioto di Gambellara, and the Vino Santo di Gambellara wines), in order to enhance this product and make it more widely known especially outside the borders of the Province of Vicenza. Remembering an ancient festival that long ago took place on Easter Monday, the idea was born to create on this day, the „Wine Festival“.
A competition between the DOC wines of Gambellara was added, over the years, to the event. During the festival, cultural events, recreational opportunities and attractions of various kinds are also organized.
Saturday 15 April 2017
- 22:00 – music with YANO DJ
Monday 17 April 2017
- 11:30 – Opening of the Wines Exhibition and Competition, at the hall of the former elementary school
- 11:50 – Aperitif with wines Gambellara D.O.C.
- 12:30 – traditional lunch „Easter Monday with tortello and capretto“ (young goat) accompanied by the Gambellara DOC wines; lunch prepared by the chefs of the Recioto Wine Road: Francesco Bertola from the restaurant“La Marescialla“ and Maurizio Nori from the restaurant „Giulietta e Romeo„, and served by a staff of waiters. During the lunch, the best Gambellara DOC and Recioto di Gambellara DOCG wines will be rewarded.
- 14:00 – Opening of „L’Angolo del Passito„: tasting of the best Recioto di Gambellara and Vin Santo wines
- 15:30 – Popular games, and „panini onti“ stand opening
- 17:00 – Children’s entertainment
- 18:00 – Food stand opening
- 20:30 – Dancing event with the „I nuovi Delfini“ orchestra
Friday 21 April 2017
- 20:00 – „DURELLO e BACCALÀ“: dinner with several courses of stockfish, prepared by the chef Francesco Bertola from the restaurant“La Marescialla“ and chef Maurizio Nori from the restaurant „Giulietta e Romeo„, and with various Lessini Durello wines. The dinner will be made pleasant with the comical / satirical entertainment by „Jani e Albino“.
Saturday 22 April 2017
- 19:00 – „HAPPY GAMBELLARA“, Aperitif with the volcanic wines accompanied by tastings of local products, (in collaboration with the Consorzio Tutela Vini Gambellara D.O.C.). The evening continues with DJ set music. Food stand with „panini onti„, fried chips, wines, beer…
Sunday 23 April 2017
- 15:00 – Walk in the hills of Selva, with tasting events at some cellars and wine producers.
- 20:00 – Festival of risotto and fried fish
- 20:00 – Dancing event with the „Rossano e Anna Band“ orchestra.
Monday 24 April 2017
- ore 18:30 – Food stand opening
- ore 20:30 – Country music with DJ Nike, Luca, Alex e Maestra Cristina.
All events will take place inside the Teatro Tenda (heated if necessary), with easy parking.
During the event there will be a rich Charity lottery.